Kushion: Kwit knocking back kickers to keep klassy

‘Unless all bouncers worked in Office they’re not qualified to tell me if my shoes can grace their sticky dance floor’

The city of Glasgow is renowned for it’s thrilling night life and multitude of bars, pubs and clubs available to all looking to enjoy a night out.

But some institutions are tightening up on the type of clientele they’re letting in.

They didn’t let him in because of his shoes, he was desvastated

Kushion night club (spelt with the edgy K) is a popular spot for students and young professionals alike.

The long waiting times at the bar and dead ends which bewilder the intoxicated mind whilst looking for a toilet are just a few of the things Kushion has on offer.

The music selection isn’t bad, but if you’re wanting to hit up Juicy Tuesdays or #FAMOUS Friday you better be wearing the right shoes.

It’s not like clubs haven’t done this sort of thing before – denying entry to people wearing “inappropriate” footwear, we all the remember that episode of the Inbetweeners.

Inappropriate?

But for many, this kind of policy to increase prestige or keep it classy is just a reason to stay away. No one wants to go to your stuck up club anyway.

Kushion approved

Some may simply not own the shoes Kushion is looking for and, for that matter, who decides what is and is not acceptable?

Unless all bouncers have previously worked in Office then I don’t feel they are fully qualified to tell me if my shoes are nice enough to grace their sticky dance floor.

What’s more is it’s not just the surface aesthetics of the shoes you are wearing which come under inspection, it’s not whether they’re edgy enough or they look like they’ve been chewed up and spat back out by a hungry bulldog.

No, this kind of policy risks breeding a far more dangerous attitude of elitism and narcissistic judgement.

This guy would fit right in, with the Kushion elite.

Even if I was wearing “acceptable” shoes I would be on edge wondering who around me is judging my entire being as I break on down to Low swinging my double gin around.

But this policy will be effective in making sure that patrons will be of a certain standard so should you be looking for a classier night out where you won’t be at risk of tripping over someones gutty trainers then Kushion has your back.

Perhaps not the clientele Kushion are looking to attract

The choice is entirely yours.

Marilyn Monroe once said, “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”

I wonder if the same holds true with respect to the Kushion guest list…