Shell lands in Strathclyde to find next generation of innovators

Step it up a gear Glasgow

graduate graduate careers promoted shell sponsored work for shell

A large white tent has been erected on the campus of Strathclyde, by energy giant Shell.

The global company is hosting an innovative careers event inside the tent to find the engineers and scientists that they believe are going to #makethefuture.

Terrible dancing isn’t compulsory

Based at Rottenrow Gardens, Strathclyde’s brightest and best will be encouraged to enter Shell’s Ideas360 competition and be in with the chance of winning an expedition with National Geographic.

Aspiring world changers will be faced with a series of challenges, including the interactive event’s energy zone where participants are shown how to harness human movement to create electricity.

They’ve got some really cool toys

The event is being run in support of Shell’s #makethefuture initiative and the Shell Ideas360 competition which helps budding innovators to formulate, develop and pitch ideas they believe can change the world.

Fancy a free cap?

To enter the competition and be in with a chance of winning a place on  a National Geographic adventure, or if you just fancy picking up a free cap, head down to Rottenrow Gardens between 10am and 4pm on Wednesday.