Glasgow Uni accomodation costs continue to soar

Don’t they understand the concept of a student budget?

Glasgow currently sits as one of the cheapest student cities in the UK.

And with the university website giving international students an estimated £450 for living costs a month not including rent, we beat Edinburgh by a mile with theirs coming in at £764

That’s a whole £314 difference; in other words that’s a lot of possible drink money gone.

But it looks like the Glasgow students of 2014 aren’t winning financially in all areas, with halls prices soaring compared to previous years.

I’m sure many of you are aware of the luxury that comes included with the Murano student life.

luxurious right?

But the cost of the cell-like boudoir has risen by 50% in the last four years, from £2770.04 to £4155.06 for just a 9-month contract.

Meanwhile just up the M8 in Edinburgh, one of the cheapest university accommodations available is ‘New Arthur place’.

And it’s priced at  £3283.20 a year, with a mere £3 overall increase since 2010.

Despite living costs being cheaper in Glasgow, halls dwellers over in Edinburgh are making a considerable saving.

It all comes down to planning permission getting the thumbs up in the areas of our Glasgow halls, but have they not heard of a student budget?

This rise is really going to cut into the booze and food … oh and textbooks and stuff.

Looks like the Everyday Tesco Value section will be getting a lot of business in the big G from now on.