60 second Halloween makeover

The lazy guide to costumes

It’s that time of year again.

Halloween approaches most of you eager beavers will  put time and effort into your costumes.

But there’s always a few who grab what they can from the kitchen drawer five minutes before they leave, in a last ditch attempt to make an effort.

So, what are the best costumes to make when you’re absolutely trollied and there seems to be nothing at your disposal?

The Mummy

An old classic, and easy to make if you’ve got a few spare toilet rolls hanging around the bath room.

But we know that’s not the case for most skint students.

Even more fun when you and your drunk flatmates are throwing it round one another, in a display that looks anything but scary.

The Robot

Yet again all you’re going to need is plenty of tin foil, and maybe a cardboard box for the head.

If you’ve only had a few drinks by this point you may actually be able to pull this one off.

But more likely you’ll be the guy who turned up to the party with a box on his head,  injuring other party goers fatally with tin foil cuts.

The Ghost

This costume depends on whether you’re able to put up with two holes in your bed sheet for the forseeable future.

But maybe ask someone else to cut out the eyes…

If you’re already smashed there’s a good chance you’ll be bumping into things all night due to the holes being by your ears rather than you eyes.

On the plus side you’ll be able to hear like fucking batman.

The Vampire

Now this could probably turn out half decent if you have or could borrow a makeup bag.

If not you’re going to be that tit with pen on their face and a black t-shirt draped around you.

If a drunk person begs you to let them do your makeup don’t do it.

Unless they seem so drunk that it could actually turn out funny.

Disclaimer: this barely ever happens.

The Onesie

If you’re a person with some sort of onesie and absolutely no imagination, you’ll be the ridicule of the party.

At least you got in.

But don’t go around telling people you are a scary zebra, or penguin, or any other animal.

It’s annoying and people aren’t scared of you, they just want to give you a hug.

The Cat

Surely nothing can go wrong with a marker pen and some pointed ears.

If your struggling for pointed ears, at least make sure you’re wearing all black.

No one has ever seen a scary cat with no ears and purple tummy.

If you’re feeling particularly bold, why not go outside, grab a handful of grass and Sellotape it to your face – hey presto you’re Poison Ivy.

You’ll look so ridiculous it might actually work.

Please just make sure you don’t pick any nettles in your drunken state.

If all else fails, whack a bin bag on, and accept that you’re costume is rubbish.