West End restaurant robbed over weekend

Thieves made off with computers, the surveillance system and the safe

The Italian Bistro on Great Western Road was broken into for the second time in a number of months. 

The owner of the local eatery has said she is “devastated” after thieves got away with the whole surveillance system, computers and the safe.

Significant damage was caused to the premises with knives and glass strewn across the floor when the owner and her cousin discovered the break in: “I’d never seen anything like it before.”

The owner of the business had personal jewellry stolen as well as thousands of pounds worth of takings from the restaurant.

Numerous bottles of expensive spirits are also missing.

The police are looking for the thieves but the surveillance system hard drive was taken rendering it useless.

Talking to STV News the owner has described the difficulties the business will now face: “I have suppliers coming for money, I have invoices that need paid and I’m being held back.

“It’s not like I’ve got loads of cash; this has ruined things and I’m just so upset.”

If you have any information that could help the police, call Police Scotland on 101.