Glasgow comes fifth in the UK for quality of student life

The Telegraph rates Glasgow, but do you?

Lanikai Beach, Hawaii is the fifth best beach in the world.

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal is the fifth best restaurant.

But who cares about those fifth places anymore because Glasgow has just come fifth on the Telegraph’s top 10 UK universities for quality of student life.

The list is based on surveys and data on living costs, employment, salary on graduation and student satisfaction.

Accompanied by a classic Hogwarts photo (where of course we all have all our lectures) Glasgow comes in behind only Newcastle, Durham, Bath and Loughborough.

The average salary after graduation of £25,111 is highly praised and the position is pretty impressive considering Glasgow held none in 2013.

But do we deserve to be there?

We asked a few students on campus what they thought of Glasgow student life

Serena – Music, 2nd year

“Glasgow has a really good nightlife with different clubs having all their different nights.

“It has a great music scene and lots of arts and plays on offer.

“The prices in the West End and around uni are quite high but when you go into the city centre they are less so.

“But I live at home and the price of transport into uni is not great.”

Romy – English Lit, 3rd Year

“Fucking mint, just put that.

“But living costs aren’t that great, you can end up paying more than halls on accommodation.

“Also halls are terrible, Murano, what you get for what you pay is terrible.”

Peter – Russian & Central and Eastern European Studies, 2nd Year

“Rent is good and going out is cheap.

“There are loads of great student deals for food, especially if you’re vegan or vegetarian, there’re loads of great places.

“Enjoying studying thus far, no mental workload so that’s good.”

Well done for choosing uni which ranks above both Oxford and Cambridge in terms of student satisfaction.

We’d all take a ceilidh over a formal any day.