The Exeter Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!

Come to our open meeting on Wednesday 28th!

Do you love being the first to hear about news on campus? Want to spill the gossip about the highs and lows of university life? Well, you’re in luck as the Exeter Tab is looking for new writers.

The Exeter Tab is a student led news site: we write articles for students, about students, and most importantly, by students. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never written before – no previous journalism experience is needed! You don’t even have to do a humanities degree – if you have something to say, we want to hear it. Come to our open meeting on Wednesday 28th at The Ram at 5 pm to join the team, or just to find out more. Can’t make it? Send us a DM on Instagram.

What exactly is The Tab?

The Tab is a national news site, with over 30 uni-specific sites, a combined readership of over six million, and an Instagram reach of over 20k. All Exeter news is shared across both Facebook and Instagram as well as our webpage. We cover a wide range of topics from the serious to the silly. Just last year, we covered Biphobia at uni, the Abortion protests and The definitive stereotypes for every course. Whatever your interest is, there’s always something for you to write about.

Why should I write for the Tab?

Not only does it look cracking on your CV, but the Tab is a great way to meet fantastic people, as well as gain journalism experience. You will be given help and training from an editor, as well as support (and stash!) from Tab HQ. Previous writers for the Tab have gone on to work for some of the biggest media companies including: Vogue, the BBC, and The Times. You’ll gain invaluable experience for both writing, and how to have a banging night out.

How can I get involved?

Sound like your cup of tea? Come along to our first opening meeting next week: 28th September at The Ram at 5 pm. Also, give us a follow on socials – you can always send us a DM.  If you miss the open meeting, don’t worry – we will be holding open meetings throughout the year, all of which will be advertised on our Insta!