Breaking: Exeter is officially in Tier 2, here’s what it means for students

You CAN go out for a final drink with your mates but only if it’s with a meal

Exeter will be in Tier 2 after lockdown ends, it has just been announced.

Along with the rest of Devon, Exeter has been officially put in the new Tier 2, which will follow after the release of national lockdown on December 2nd.

The Tier 2 rules are “High alert”, and are more relaxed than the current lockdown laws, but also have restrictions in place, with the main rules being:

You can’t socialise with people outside your household indoors, unless they are in your bubble, and rule of six applies outside.

exeter tier 2

Restaurants will open, and pubs can only open if they are operating as restaurants, with alcohol only being served with food. They will close at 11pm, and it will be table service only.

Gyms will open, and organised outdoor sport, physical activity and exercise classes can continue.

Public attendance at outdoor and indoor events is permitted, limited to whichever is lower: 50 per cent capacity, or either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors.

You can continue to travel, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible.

The only places to be put into a Tier 1 lockdown were: The Isle of Wight, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, with the rest of the UK put into Tiers 2 and 3.