Dawlish man arrested after large fight outside Exeter Wetherspoons

It happened on Friday night outside The Sawyer’s Arms

Local police officers have sent out an appeal for information following an incident outside an Exeter pub after closing time on Friday.

Devon Live has reported that Police were summoned to Cowick Street after as many as 15 people were involved in a large disorder outside Tesco Express.

Witnesses said they saw a fight near Exeter Wetherspoons The Sawyers’s Arms and the police later reported that someone may have been bottled.

A 29-year-olf man was arrested on suspicion of Affray at the time but has since been released.

Aiming to find witnesses, a spokesperson for the police said: “It was reported that an altercation had taken place on Cowick Street involving 10 to 15 people near the Tesco store between 9.30pm and 10.10pm.

“A 29-year-old man from Dawlish was arrested on suspicion of affray.

“He was taken into police custody and later released under investigation pending further enquiries.”

A previous statement from the police read: “We received reports of a large fight at 9.59pm last night. Someone appears to have potentially been bottled. One person has been detained on suspicion of affray. It looks like he may have been treated at the scene before leaving with friends.”

If you have any information about this, contact the police on 101 and quote  CR/089770/20.