Here’s what Exeter’s bars and restaurants have in store for Halloween

Just because we’re in a pandemic doesn’t we can’t have spooky fun

After what seems like a whole decade has passed since last October (thanks Covid) it’s now Halloween again! This year is obviously going to be a little bit different, with club nights just not the same and uni still preventing the mixing of households, putting a hold on all plans for costume parties, big and small.

But fear not, this does not mean you should throw away your fake blood and angel wings you call a scary costume. Exeter’s favourite clubs and bars are doing their own take on this years spooky celebrations, so there’s no excuse not to don your (face) mask and get involved in the Halloween fun! Here are all the different Exeter venues you could celebrate in this Saturday.

Timepiece:

Ah, the classic Timepiece. Although every Exeter student and their mother is missing a proper TP Wednesday/Friday, the club is doing a pretty good job so far at keeping the going out out spirit alive. Their Halloween event has been aptly named ‘The Haunting of Timepiece,’ given the fact that it was the last venue in the UK “to hold witches to be hung for witchcraft.” Also the site of Devon County Prison and a burial yard dating back to the 18th Century, it’s safe to say it is definitely a haunted place to spend All Hallows’ Eve.

TP has promised drinks such as Blood Venom (a jug for £15) or shots including a Black Widow, Brain Haemorrhage and a Dead Man’s Finger for £3. Get properly dressed up and it seems like there will be many a ghostly photo op.

However unfortunately, as you’ve probably noticed all over the Overheard at Exeter Facebook page, this Saturday’s gory Halloween event is already sold out. Better luck next time!

Unit 1:

Unit 1 is another classic Exeter night out, and this year it seems like they’re having a Halloween WEEK not just a night. Starting with a Cheesy Tuesdays Spooktacular, that’s only the start. Wednesday is an exciting one, with £100 bar tab up for grabs at the Halloween movie quiz. The Scare Fest continues on Thursday and Friday with themed club nights, however obviously still adhering to the rule-of-six and the booking system.

The Halloween event on the 31st itself is sold out, however you can still get tickets for the other events here.

Exeter Phoenix:

If you’re not up for a club night and would rather a terrifying movie marathon, the Exeter Phoenix has the perfect Halloween event for you. The Auditorium is being taken over for a fangtastic screening of Bong Joon-Ho’s ‘The Host’, a South Korean film about a sea monster who kidnaps a girl and her father’s efforts to rescue her.

If this isn’t up your alley, the Phoenix’s solar-powered cinema Studio 74 is showing the psychological thriller ‘Relic’, followed by the chilling ‘Saint Maud’, two horror films from the past year. Whatever you’re into, the Phoenix will scare you into having nightmares for weeks.

Pink Moon:

Pink Moon is Exeter’s latest (and perhaps most Instagrammable) addition to the brunch/bar/club scene loved by students. Yes, you did read that correctly. This Saturday, Pink Moon is hosting a Halloween Party brunch from 12pm, and then a Spooky Dinner from 7pm.

Although they haven’t released too much information, going off of their previous events, it is sure to be one brunch/dinner with seriously eerily aesthetic vibes. Go here if you want amazing cocktails and a bit of clubby feel to kickstart your All Hallows’ Eve.

The Terrace:

The Terrace is another newer bar that has recently become a massive hit with students. (This may or may not have something to do with the huge cocktail trees they have …) For Halloween, they are hosting a Bottomless Disco brunch, where you get bottomless pizza and Prosecco for £29.95 from 12pm.

This boozy brunch will definitely get you and your friends in the mood for a night of ghostly, but Covid safe, celebrations.

Look out on the Exeter Tab’s Instagram page for more Halloween related content coming later this week!