Exeter Uni Law department moves teaching online to combat coronavirus

‘The team will endeavour to ensure that you are fully prepared to sit the exam in May’

The University of Exeter Law department has moved its classes and assessments online for the final weeks of the spring term, according to emails sent to students.

Lectures due to take place this week will be replaced by recordings posted on the ELE, and assessed seminars tasks have been virtualised in response to the developing Coronavirus pandemic.

The department has removed Land Law seminar topics due to take place in the last two weeks of term from the lists of examinable topics. In the email, the module convenor recognises this will be stressful for students, and assures them it was not a decision she took lightly. She adds: “the land law team will endeavour to ensure that you are fully prepared to sit the exam in May.”

She continues: “I will be available via email and/or Skype and I strongly encourage you to post any questions you may have on the Forum, which will be our main method of communication.”

The Tort Law module has cancelled face-to-face seminars and will be instead providing an online Q&A for this weeks topics.

The International Law module has been the most affected, as an assessed seminar task has been moved online, and the staff member due to speak next week may struggle even to record his lecture, as he is trying to return to his native America.

Module convenor Aurel Sari told his students “our over-riding priority is the safety and wellbeing of our community. In the current circumstances, it would not be appropriate to continue with classroom teaching.

The University as a whole has made the decision to transition all teaching online from the 23rd March.