Image may contain: Performer, Female, Face, Smile, People, Coat, Suit, Overcoat, Jeans, Denim, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel, Pants

Exeter is in The Sunday Times Top 20 Universities in the UK

We came 12th!

Exeter is the 12th best university in the UK, according to new rankings released by The Sunday Times.

Different factors such as "student experience", "graduate prospects"and "research quality" were considered in order to rank each UK university overall.

Image may contain: Machine, Person, Human, Advertisement, Poster, Flyer, Paper, Brochure

Exeter's profile from the Sunday Times Good University Guide

Exeter performed amazingly in multiple areas, such as "graduate prospects," ranking 13th here with a score of 85.5 per cent. In the attainment of Firsts and 2:1s we reached 11th place with a score of 87.9 per cent.

"Completion rate" was the factor in which we ranked highest, climbing all the way to seventh place. Exeter also remained true to itself as our "Sports" ranking shone through as we took fifth place!

The Languages department at Exeter also demonstrated they are clearly doing something right as Languages make up five of the top 10 best performing subjects at Exeter, with regards to "student satisfaction with teaching quality." French is the top performing Languages subject in this area coming in at fourth, but it is Geology that nabs the student satisfaction top spot.

Exeter also received a special mention for holding gold in the "Teaching Excellence Framework." The university is praised by the guide for its "optimum contact hours, and class sizes, and for involving business, industry and professional experts in teaching."

The good news for Exeter doesn't stop there as we even managed to rank higher in the league table than multiple other Russell Group Universities, such as Bristol who came in at 15th, Nottingham who placed 21st, and York following one step behind at 22nd.

Looks like we have truly done ourselves proud. Now to break the Top 10. Congratulations to us!