Image may contain: Chair, Display, Monitor, Screen, Table, Furniture, Computer Keyboard, Hardware, Computer Hardware, Keyboard, Person, Human, Electronics, Laptop, Pc, Computer

A definitive guide of the best study spaces in Exeter

Just because you were obviously all wondering

Welcome to Week 8 of Term 2, and it's officially deadline season. It's this time of year we all need space to do some serious cramming to get those essays done on time.

Sometimes your bedroom (or kitchen, no judgement here) just doesn't cut it. Or perhaps you just fancy a change of scenery. Fortunately, campus is jam-packed with spaces for when that work you've been putting off for weeks finally needs to be done.

However, not all spaces were created equal; some areas are just better depending on what mood or mental state you're in. Whatever the occasion, there is always somewhere that will at least help begin the process of getting that much needed work done.

Library: Late-night cramming

All good students should and probably do make good use of the library. It's the obvious place to go when those deadlines pile up and something needs to be done, or even during exam season (if you happen to get there before 9am).

Image may contain: Human, Person, Book, Library, Room, Indoors

Working hard

During the earlier part of the term it tends to be quieter than the rest of campus, but still, good luck finding a seat! But, if you need to pull a desperate all-nighter it is a safe bet.

Who knows, maybe you'll even get a feature on Exehonestly or Sexeter?

Recommended places: Law Library and group study rooms

DH1: Mostly casual work with many breaks

This is the place to be if you want to look like you're doing work. While you can obviously do actual work, (warning: you might need headphones) it's also a great space to trick yourself, and others, into believing you are productive.

Image may contain: Text, Room, Couch, Restaurant, Apparel, Clothing, Heel, Indoors, Dining Table, Dating, Teen, Female, Blonde, Woman, Kid, Girl, Child, Table, Sitting, Book, Furniture, Human, Person

One 'working', one hardcore procrastination

Somehow a space can be found about 90% of the time, it's full of comfy seats and right next to Comida and the Ram. What more could you ask for?

Recommended places: If it's too full, try upstairs. The pizza place is a nice bonus too.

Amory: Versatile

A new space on the ground floor of the labyrinth that is the Amory building, it has a space for whatever type of work needs to be done. With everything from group study rooms to a silent zone, so there is kind of no excuse here. Plus the cafe has loads of nice cakes.

Image may contain: Room, Desk, LCD Screen, Display, Monitor, Screen, Table, Indoors, Sitting, Furniture, Chair, Keyboard, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Computer Keyboard, Laptop, Person, Human, Electronics, Pc, Computer

Note the grocery shopping

Recommended space: Group study room – book it for you and friends.

The Ram/Impy: Nice try

Apparently this is where you should go to help you get a first? Always worth a try.

But seriously, go here to do some reading, potentially note-taking and then somehow accidentally stumble upon a pint, curly fries and 10 friends. What deadline?

Image may contain: Cafeteria, Restaurant, Desk, Tabletop, Table, Furniture, Keyboard, Hardware, Computer Keyboard, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Pc, Computer, Laptop, Person, Human

Pint is more important

Recommended places: Probably anywhere but here, especially in the evenings.

The Loft: Serious shit

At least half of the student population don't even know The Loft exists. Be in the know, you might actually find a seat here.

So quiet you can practically hear a pin drop, this space is for serious work. Not only does it have enough space to spread out all your notes, but it also has cool space-esque pods for isolated work. You might feel incredibly weird sat here but, hey, maybe they'll increase your productivity?

Image may contain: Table, Furniture, Sitting, Person, Human

Recommended place: Definitely space pods.

Costa or Peter Chalk/Queen's Cafe: Depends on the day

The same goes for Queen's cafe and Peter Chalk cafe. These spaces tend to vary in levels of productivity as the day progresses, with the more people coming through the higher the possibility of distractions and friends.

Image may contain: Female, Desk, Furniture, Table, Computer Keyboard, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Keyboard, Human, Person, Laptop, Pc, Computer, Electronics

Nice view

Recommended places: The table by the window in the Peter Chalk cafe.

Pret/Boston Tea party: When you need to get out of the house, particularly around exam time

Places in town are not to be underestimated. They are actually great places to go to get work done, as long as you can resist the temptation to spend your entire student loan on baked goods. But that could be just the icing on the cake that finally pushes you to get that work done and dusted.

(R.I.P Waterstone's study area)

Image may contain: Indoors, Dining Table, Phone, Mobile Phone, Cell Phone, LCD Screen, Keyboard, Computer Keyboard, Hardware, Computer Hardware, Screen, Display, Monitor, Desk, Pc, Computer, Laptop, Electronics, Table, Furniture, Person, Human

The brownie is far more enticing

But if all else fails, maybe it's time to just head home?