Students are collecting sanitary products on campus for Exeter’s homeless

Provide A Pad volunteers are raising awareness this week

Provide A Pad, Exeter’s very own student-led campaign, will be in the forum over the next three days collecting sanitary products for the city’s homeless population.

From today (7th of November), the group of students will be on campus to raise awareness of the great need for pads and tampons among the homeless community. The team behind the campaign is hoping to break the stigma behind the issue of menstruation among the homeless.

Provide a Pad was started in April of 2016 by Postgraduate Taught Officer, Sherv Cheung. With an impressive social media presence, the campaign aims to provide homeless women in the community with much needed sanitary products.

Their Facebook page has nearly 400 likes and since starting the charity, the inspiring students have made vast contributions to the community.

For the second year running, the campus-based donation drive is hoping to collect as many products as possible to deliver to the homeless shelters and food banks of the city.

As a result of 26% of those requiring help from homeless charities in the UK being women, it is no surprise that Exeter-based organisations are feeling the financial strain of the growing problem. However, with this year’s Provide A Pad team being stronger than ever, it’s looking like the group of Exeter students will make a considerable change.

Head down to donate today!

The Tab Exeter

last seen today at 08:23

Get Exeter news straight to your WhatsApp

To find out how to get EGB tickets, the latest SU scandals and what not to do in EX4. Straight into your DMs. 😘