Image may contain: Poster, Flyer, Brochure, Hair, Beard, Selfie, Face, Human, Person, People

I am the difference: Everything you need to know about Movember 2017

Do your bit to stop men dying too young

After the huge success of last year, Movember is returning to Exeter, and it’s bigger and better than ever. More events, more partnerships, and more chances for you to get involved!

For those of you who don’t know, Movember is a foundation dedicated to changing the face of Men’s Health. Their aims include reducing the number of men dying each year from testicular and prostate cancer, and reducing the stigma around men’s mental health issues.

Every minute, a man takes his own life as a result of mental illness. In 2017, stats like this are beyond comprehension. Is staying quiet a good enough reason for you to lose a brother, son, father, uncle or friend? It’s time we start talking, and luckily for us, Movember is making it happen. By 2030, the foundation aims to reduce the number of men dying prematurely by 25 per cent – would you like to play a part in this?

This year’s campaign is in safe hands! Leading our efforts, alongside myself and Zein Jallad (Movember Ambassador’s), will be Tom Aldridge and Emily Waind (Exeter RAG). We’re back, and we’re motivated to smash last years £4200 through AU collaborations and a month of awesome events.

Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

Even Entrepreneurs got in on the action last year!

Already on the cards for this year’s effort are some incredibly exciting partnerships.

The Exeter University Basketball Club have already kicked off proceedings, raising an incredible £465 for Movember before the month has even begun – special thanks to Sam King and the rest of the committee!

As well as this amazing effort, EURL, led by Jack Elliss, have been a fantastic help, fundraising through their subscription fees and custom Budgy Smugglers. With Cricket getting in on the action too and bouncing around some exciting ideas (thanks to Dan Costa and Will Harris), its set to be a huge month with more involvement than ever.

Never a bunch to be outdone, EURFC have also set some fantastic plans into action. Rumour has it, they’re taking fundraising very seriously this year (in an attempt to show that they are all great blokes after all!) With a well-formed team of Will Cutbill, Rory McMeekan and Rory McMeikan, the Foundation couldn’t be in a better set of hands.

So what events have been lined up?

The month kicks off with the annual Shavedown!

Image may contain: Selfie, Face, Human, Person, People

Surely you want to look like this?

Rumour has it, there is another head shave on the cards to bring the crowds in! Head down to Forum on 31st October to see Jordan Dobney getting the most worthwhile haircut of his life, and get yourselves involved in fundraising with a shave yourself boys! Donate all you can to support his efforts! With Sandyman Chop Shop making a return this year, your beards are in safe hands.

Image may contain: Hat, Cap, Beanie

Will Gillibrand ever leave?

‘How do we help?’ I hear you ask, girls! Never fear, facial hair is not required – keep an eye out for MoSista Varsity, a special day where you can get involved and show your support for your male counterparts, as well as promoting the amazing cause, and mission we’re all on together.

Stay tuned for other events including a Zumbathon thanks to the people at Bodysoc on the 18th November, and our annual Pub Quiz at the St Anne Wells the following evening (Sunday 19th). There will also be a DSP takeover on the 27th November.

The Partners

Jubël are providing some awesome prize for the top fundraiser. Hayley Constanzo and Innocent will also be at the Shavedown this Tuesday. The crowds promise to be bigger than ever this year so, get yourself down there to see what's going on.

Image may contain: Liquor, Drink, Bottle, Beverage, Beer Bottle, Beer, Alcohol

Mmmm refreshing…

To get involved, you can join the network as an individual or as a team to raise some serious funds and get rid of the big C and Stop Men Dying Too Young.