Exeter ranked in the top 20 best universities in the UK

Yet another stellar ranking

In The Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2018, the University of Exeter has been named as the 16th best university in the United Kingdom.

Data released yesterday shows that Exeter also came 130th in the world, joining some of the biggest global academic institutions in the rankings.

The University of Oxford retains its top position as the best university in the world with the University of Cambridge and the California Institute of Technology making up the top three.

With 98 per cent of Exeter's research gaining international quality status in the Research Excellence Framework (REF), the latest rankings come as excellent news for the university ahead of the new academic year. Exeter also holds gold standard status in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).

The Arts & Humanities faculty was ranked as the 82nd best in the world, with the Social Sciences faculty coming in at 85th, the Life Sciences at 90th and the Engineering & Technology at 94th.

Despite the positive ranking, this year's positioning sees Exeter drop by 4 places. Exeter's best ranking to date was in 2016 when it ranked as the 93rd best university in the world.

University of Exeter