Private: Exeter remains a top 10 university

We beat Bristol again but really, who is shocked?

In the Good University Guide for 2017, the University of Exeter was once again ranked in the top 10 in the United Kingdom.

Coming in at 9th, Exeter was ranked above both rivals Bristol (19th) and Loughborough (11th) in the annual Times and Sunday Times guide.

Despite dropping from 7th place in last year’s rankings, Exeter has retained high standards. With over 16,000 undergraduate students at Exeter, 96 per cent completed the influential survey.

It was ranked 10th for student experience with 87.9 per cent of those questioned in the National Student Survey proving to be pleased with their experience.

84.8 per cent of Exeter students achieve a 2:1 or a first in their BA degrees, according to the guide.

The top three places were made-up by Cambridge (1st), Oxford (2nd) and St.Andrews (3rd) with Imperial College London dropping from 3rd to 5th this year.

Exeter this year outranked the University of Cambridge for its teaching quality. Ranked 22nd with 83.3 per cent in the guide, Exeter was 5 places higher than Cambridge, who achieved 82.9 per cent.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab Exeter