Forum hill will be a ski slope tomorrow

48 tonnes of snow is being brought in

If mummy and daddy wouldn’t pay for you to go to La Folie Douce this new year, fear not because the white stuff is coming to EX4 this weekend.

Darling Forum Hill will be transformed this Saturday as 48 tonnes of real snow is being brought in from Milton Keyes Snow Dome as part of a university Snowsport Club event. That’s an expected three lorry loads of snow to be dumped on campus to create a massive ski slope in front of the main forum building.

The event, known as Chill Hill 2017, will welcome around thirty skiers and snowboarders to the Streatham Campus from the likes of the University of Bristol.

For just £1, attendees will witness students from the South West perform freestyle skiing tricks with a sum of the money being donated to the Disability Snowsports UK charity.

Four judges will determine the winners in front of an expected 800 strong crowd. An amazing 1.4k people are currently interested in the Facebook event.

The hill is expected to be dotted with boxes, obstacles and rails in order to allow the competitors to perform tricks in the freestyle rail section of the competition.

This student organised event aims to encourage people to get involved in snow sport whilst also raising funds for a good cause. Music will be provided by a Redbull DJ truck whilst crepes and snow cones will be sold.

With a massive après party being held at Exeter’s Phoenix, who needs Val d’Isère when you’ve got Chill Hill 2017?

The Tab Exeter

last seen today at 02:17

Get Exeter news straight to your WhatsApp

To find out how to get EGB tickets, the latest SU scandals and what not to do in EX4. Straight into your DMs. 😘