Exeter University student jailed after sexual assault

He used his phone to watch clips with titles such as ‘He made this cute girl cry’

A university student has been jailed after he copied internet clips of ‘sharking’ by sexually assaulting a terrified teenage girl.

Vadim Eseev, aged 20, was found with videos on his mobile phone that showed almost identical attacks to the one he carried out on a fellow Exeter University student in the street. He used his phone to watch clips from pornographic websites with titles such as ‘She was skirt sharked’ and ‘He made this cute girl cry’.

He was caught on CCTV following the 18-year-old through the streets of the city for a mile as she walked home from a club in the early hours. He waited until she stopped outside her halls of residence to change her shoes before rushing up from behind, putting his hand under her skirt, moving her underwear and sexually assaulting her. She shouted at him to get off and he ran away but was traced after police spent hours piecing together his movements from different pieces of city centre CCTV.

He carried out the attack after getting drunk two weeks before Christmas when he found out he couldn’t go home for the holiday.

Evseev, of Western Way, Exeter, admitted assault by penetration and has been jailed for a year by Judge Graham Cottle at Exeter Crown Court. He is the son of a Russian businessman who has now been suspended from Exeter University and is likely to return to Russia, where he faces a year’s conscription in the army.