Confessions: Exeter students reveal their most embarrassing moments

c r i n g e

“During my first lecture at uni I hadn’t realised you can simply walk out whenever you wanted to. In the middle of a lecture and in front of  150 people I raised my hand and asked if I could go to the toilet.”

“I got really drunk on tequila and went home with a fresher. Just as we started hooking up I threw up everywhere and passed out in his bed. Estate patrol was called and when they came to check up on me they found me lying there naked in a pool of my own vomit.”

“I went on a night out in Swansea and got really drunk. I didn’t know some of the people very well but on the way home we stopped off by the sea and I was dared to skinny dip. I was so drunk that I slipped on a pebble and had to be carried out of the sea naked by my friend while everyone watched.”

“My mum walked in on my boyfriend and I. She was in so much shock she just stood there in the doorway for ages not saying anything.”

“I took a guy back to the halls I lived in and a few hours later the fire alarm goes off. I told him that we didn’t need to leave the building as I didn’t want everyone seeing that I had brought someone back. 20 minutes later estate patrol forced everyone outside and the whole block clapped me as I walk out with a guy still wearing the same fancy dress from that night’s social.”

“I was using the communal shower in first year and once I had taken a shower I realised that I had forgotten my towel. I didn’t want to put my dirty clothes back on so thought I could do a quick run from bathroom to bedroom. The second I start running down the hallway my residence life mentor walks out from another room and I collide into him whilst dripping wet and completely naked.”

“I not only started stripping in the queue for Arena, I also wet myself while doing it.”

“I really needed the toilet and my friend was taking so long to get a Subway so I ended up pooing my pants . There were no toilets nearby and I didn’t want to tell my friend what happened so I had to have a very uncomfortable 15 minute walk home.”

“I was stalking my hot lecturer on Facebook and accidentally tagged myself in a photo of him”

“I went to see my personal tutor during his office hours and accidentally referred to him as ‘Dad’.”

“While getting ready for a lecture I realised I didn’t have any clean underwear. I put on some sweatpants without any underwear underneath and hoped no one would notice. As I was rushing up some steps my sweatpants got caught on part of the railing and they fell down. Although I pulled them up as quickly as I could a few people had noticed…including the hottest guy on my course.”