We tried to embarrass ourselves at Moz by dressing badly

It didn’t work

It’s that time of the week again. Cheesy Tuesdays, TP Wednesdays, Moz Thursdays (apparently), that Friday night or all of the above. The lads starch their Jack Wills shirts while the gals wiggle into their skinniest jeans (complete with the ripped knees). All in the hope of looking “on point”.

Well fuck those guys.

I want to wear long johns, thermals, flip flops or a snapback. Whenever, wherever. Moz fits both of those criteria.

Taking the task to heart

It may come as a surprise (or not) that our team of participants, all of whom were wearing similar outfits, were given strange looks by passers by and onlookers as we headed towards Mosaic. Joe said he was “nervous” about running into someone he knew as he was worried about looking stupid.

It was difficult to disagree. As Mosaic loomed, we contemplated what reaction we would receive – being laughed at, more odd glances, we even questioned if we’d be allowed entry at all. So what was our response? No reaction at all. It turns out, looking this stupid didn’t even raise an eyebrow.

The sunglasses kept away the mean looks

When surrounded by fellow peers dressed like this:

Despite the outfit, even blending into Exeter’s stereotypes was simple enough, providing you have the correct props:

Only on the cheap drinks tonight

It’s fair to say there was probably a social going on and our fellow students don’t actively choose to wear neon hats and over-sized sunglasses on a night out. In fact, we had more of a reaction walking down Blackboy Road than the entire night spent in Moz.

It’s the beauty of going out in Exeter. Our peers would rather focus on having a great night out, whether they are wearing something silly themselves or not, than judging others on their long johns and snapbacks.

We look like proper dicks