Exeter’s favourite songs revealed

And they’re all terrible

Spotify have released the stats of the most streamed tracks (outside of the Top 40) for each UK city, and Exeter’s results are unsurprisingly piss poor.

3. Ms Dynamite – Dy-na-mi-tee

‘Twas the night before Hijacked, you and your mates were pumped. You had the flower crown ready and your molly dealer was only one short phone call away. And then it hit you. You don’t know any Ms Dynamite songs.

In a desperate attempt to fit in when she headlined, you went and listened to any of her stuff that you could find. Specifically, you listened to Dy-na-mi-tee. A lot of you listened to Dy-na-mi-tee.

Not quite Snoop Dogg at the mitchapalooza

That’s the most realistic and sensible explanation for how this otherwise mediocre and unremarkable song snuck bronze on Exeter’s Spotify charts? Probably.

While the inclusion of Ms Dynamite here reeks of Exeter’s most famous music festival, the entry at No.2 is more like what your 9-year-old self was singing in the shower.

2. Busted – Year 3000

Our second favourite song is Busted’s Year 3000, and let’s be honest I don’t think anyone is surprised. Everyone likes this song. I like Year 3000. You like Year 3000. Your great, great, great granddaughter likes Year 3000. The decision making process is sound.

Could Cheesy Tuesdays be responsible for dragging this tune to the Number 2 spot?

1. Newton Faulkner – Dream Catch Me

You’re all excited to hear what the number one song you guys have been listening to is, aren’t you? Well don’t be. Newton Faulkner’s Dream Catch Me is just not very exciting. If you’re scratching your head as to what this song is, indeed as to what Newton Faulkner is, I recommend that you don’t let your curiosity get the better of you. It isn’t terrible, it’s just very, very, very boring.

Who is this guy

Newton Faulkner would be better off stopping making music and becoming a Qui-Gon Jinn lookalike, that’s how boring the song is.

Plymouth’s number two? Am I Drinking Enough by Mad Dog Mcrea.

We all know the answer to that question.