Exeter smashes humanities league tables…yet again

Every single course has made the top ten

All 29 of Exeter’s humanities degrees have ranked top ten in the country.

Our Drama and Film studies are officially the best courses in the land according to Complete University Guide 2016.

The league tables use criteria across the board to decide on rankings, including student satisfaction, research quality and graduate prospects.

Drama is equal first in the country, Classics has climbed two places to number 3, and History is at number 5. The majority of remaining subjects continue to improve their rankings compared to last year.

We’ve have slipped from 10th place to 11th overall, but look at how much we’ve conquered the subject tables:

Archaeology – 4th
Art History and Visual Culture – 2nd
Classics and Ancient History – 3rd
Drama – 1st
English – 6th
Film Studies – 1st
French – 5th
German – 8th
History – 6th
Iberian – 8th
Italian – 4th
Russian – 4th
Theology and Religion – 5th

Professor Nick Kaye, Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Education said: “These are an excellent set of results which shows the University’s positive progression in many subject areas.

“Prospective students can feel confident they will be getting an outstanding education by choosing to come to one of the UK’s top institutions.”

English second year Elizabeth Oliver is delighted at the news. She told The Tab: “I’m really glad I chose to study at Exeter, I find the course really diverse and the lecturers get you to think about topics in unique and exciting ways, so I’m really not surprised both English and the university as a whole has done so well.”