Muse are coming to Exeter and it’s absolute Madness

Those who got tickets were most defintely Feeling Good

noad

It’s finally happened – an actual band you’ve heard of are coming to Exeter.

Muse are set to play a last-minute gig in The Great Hall next Friday as part of their Psycho Tour.

Both students and locals were forced to compete for tickets to this surprise gig, which went on sale at 9.30am this morning and sold out within an hour.

The chance to spend an evening up close and personal with Matt Bellamy, in true Exeter style, did not come cheap with tickets costing £42.50. However, in a venue which only holds 1400 people, Muse are will truly be able to show their Supremacy in the Starlight.

Muse originally reign from Teignmouth in Devon which explains why they’d want to visit the musically barren realms of Exeter. They’ve even performed here before, frequenting Cavern in October 1994 and March 1995 as part of a Battle of a Bands competition which they lost in against The Honey Sucks.

Muse’s sudden step back into the public eye is undoubtedly linked to their announcement today that their 7th album “Drones” will be released on 8th June, with the first single “Dead Inside” being unveiled to the world from 23rd March.

Muse will also be gracing Belfast, Glasgow, Newport, Manchester and Brighton with their presence as part of their Psycho Tour.

When asked about his band’s new album, Matt Bellamy of course said: “The world is run by drones utilising drones to turn us all into drones. To me, drones are metaphorical psychopaths.”

The chance to see a genuinely good band at Exeter is proving too much to handle for some.

Ben Velzian, a second year Psychologist and owner of a pair of tickets to the gig said:

“It’s the highlight of my degree, for sure. Although quite an Unnatural Selection of venue, I’m pretty sure that there will be a night of Madness. The solar eclipse and Muse, what more can a boy ask for?