Living with your significant other is a huge mistake

Like the time Kim Kardashian married that basketball player, things will only end in tears

It sounded like the best idea at first, but finding yourself avoiding your ex in the kitchen is the nightmare that you’ll probably face if you move in with bae.

Don’t be surprised if your friends hate you for creating a horribly awkward atmosphere in your house either. In fact, if you managed to find willing people to even live with you and your “other half”, hats off to you for luring in the gullible fools. Perhaps they’d also like to jump off a cliff if you asked them?

The bottom line is, living in a relationship at uni is never a good idea and unlike Dappy you’ll be full of regrets at this poor decision.

‘Oh I love living with a couple’ – said no one ever

Don’t be the couple that everyone hates to be around because they’re practically joined at the hip. Now is not the time to play happy families in a desperate attempt to convince yourself that you’re a real grown up. Remember – “unay” not uni, so don’t be those boring shites who sacks off TP to stay in watching Grand Designs.

Then again, whoever said “couples who rave together stay together” was an utter fool as this is most definitely not the case.

There’s nothing worse than going out and third wheeling your couple friends whilst they ignore you all night, leaving you to strawpedo VKs on your own. If you’ve ever had to dance by yourself while your friends get with each other for hours on end, you’ll know the feeling of “smiling through the tears”.

Don’t be surprised when you realise that you don’t have any friends left because you’re too busy playing the married life with your SO.

Watching Netflix all day in bed with your boyfriend was great at the time, but when you can feel your housemate’s middle fingers being shoved your way behind your back in the kitchen the ‘appy days are over.

Of course the friends who you ditched in favour of spending time with your BF at home won’t be around when things turn to shit.

So if you do break up, you’re pretty screwed. It’s not the same as falling out with your annoying housemate or avidly avoiding that fuckwit who lives at the other end of the corridor. In this dire situation there’s no escape.

Shit

No one wants to be alone, right? But if it’s at the cost of your friends, its really not worth it. You have the rest of your life to live in a monotonous relationship when you’re 40 and tied down with actual responsibilities.

Fast forward six months and the inevitable “I told you so” will be ringing in your ears like tinnitus.