Police release picture of the latest phantom flasher to terrorise students

He stood outside second years’ windows with his trousers down

noad

A efit has been released of the man suspected of exposing himself to various female students in their homes.

Horrified second years reported the incident to the police in January and February.

After returning to their house on Rosebury Road after a social in the early hours of the morning on January 14th, two second years looked out of their window to find a middle-aged man with his trousers down masturbating in the street.

Police efit of the suspect

They said: “It did surprise us. Exeter is such a lovely, quiet area and the fact that this guy targeted us makes us feel slightly vulnerable.

“We did not expect anything like this and we are much more careful walking home – for all we know he could have followed us home.”

During the second incident which took place just a few week ago on February 22nd, another second year living on Culverland Close told Exeposé how she heard a knock on the back door and saw a “big middle aged man holding his trousers down.”

She said the fact two incidents have occurred “makes me think he would do it again.”

The description given by the International Relations student of the man was similar to the one given by the first victims: roughly 35-40 years old and bald, or with very short hair.

A university spokesperson said: “We are pleased these unpleasant and upsetting incidents have been brought to our attention.

“We will be following up with the police to understand what action they plan to take and will be in contact with the students concerned to offer any support and advice we can to them.”

VP Welfare and Diversity Katie Hawkins said: “The students involved in these incidents have done the right thing in contacting the police.

“The Students’ Guild Advice Unit is available to offer support to any students experiencing distressing incidents.”