Who will hug me now? Floella Benjamin steps down as Chancellor

I WANT MY HUG

noad

Cuddle enthusiast Floella Benjamin is set to step down as Chancellor.

Famous for her trademark hug – affectionately known by graduates as a “Flo-job”,  the former children’s TV presenter has been a fixture of the university for almost 10 years.

Floella has been involved in more than just dishing out degrees and has supported many of the university’s charitable and ethical pursuits. She has appeared 172 graduations, hugged over 35,000 graduates; and touched the hearts of countless more.

It would appear  Baroness Benjamin was truly honoured of her position she held within the university, and has tweeted many times of her pride for Exeter students.

What other Uni can boast a chancellor who claimed fame as the most loved children’s TV presenter of all time, sits in the House of Lords, and performs at their grad ball? Whoever the replacement may be, they have a really tough act to follow.

Distressed fourth year Cloe Fernandez-Barnes said: “My main concern is my hug when I graduate, I was looking forward to setting that as my profile picture on Facebook.”

But don’t drop out right away; the multitalented superstar will preside over graduations right up until Winter 2016 (so third years will still get a parting platitude when they don their gown).