Wondering what to wear for Valentine’s?

These outfits will make you feel fabulous and prove you don’t need no man

As our favourite day in February creeps up, we’re all thinking about what to wear and where to go.

Whether you’re loved up and looking to impress, or a single lady looking to dance the weekend away with your friends, we have got every outfit covered.

The girls’ night out

If you’re young, free and single this Valentine’s, why not grab the girls and hit the dance floor?

Nothing would make you shine brighter than this sparkly Topshop pencil skirt. It’s bang on trend and what’s more, you get to look like a glamorous mermaid for the night. Teamed with a simple black Bardot top and patent T-bar midi heels, the look is bound to make you stand out, for all the right reasons, on the dance floor.

The Sisters before Misters

Alternatively, grabbing a quiet cocktail with your friends à la Sex and the City is always a good option on a Saturday night

Reuse your bright summer kimono and layer over simply black skinny jeans and a crop top. Relaxed wavy hair and a subtle slick of lipstick will make everyone wonder why you’re single this Valentine’s.

‘Let’s just meet for drinks’

What do I wear? Are we just friends?

Ensure that you pack a punch in the most subtle of ways by donning skinny black jeans and a figure hugging black polo neck jumper. Long sleeves and a necklace will provide a relaxed look whilst a loose wave will give it a soft and flirty edge.

The speed date

If you’re looking to pull out all of the stops this Valentine’s, head to the high street and grab an embellished flapper dress in a warm wintery hue

This pretty oxblood number from Miss Selfridge is perfect to achieve the ‘wow’ look wherever you go.

The romantic weekend away

For those who get whisked away on a romantic weekend with a loved one

Wrap up warm in a romantic tartan cape and pair with black Chelsea boots and socks. Pattern clashing is also a great way to sustain the glamour. With a faux-fur lined emerald green hood, this highlands cape from Zara is perfect for a brisk walk in the countryside.

The surprise date

If you get a text message this Valentine’s that reads, ‘Be ready in 5, I’m taking you out for the day’, what do you wear?

Prepare for all possibilities and layer up. A simple black mini skirt with tights is instantly brightened with a warm jumper and Peter Pan collar. Slip a lipstick into your pocket and know that wherever you end up, you’ll look wonderful.

The blind date

If you’ve been set up on a blind date this Valentine’s

Stick to the classic combination of skinny blue jeans and a camisole to ensure that you look casual yet cool. A simple necklace and a bright lip colour will provide the glamour whilst paired back pumps or loafers prevent the look from trying too hard to impress. Less is always more, ladies.

The classic couple date

Nothing beats a good romcom and post cinema romantic dinner

Look as cute as a button in a sleek black polo neck and pretty patterned mini skirt with tights. Choose a delicate necklace with classic black pumps and you’re on your way to effortless chic.

Wherever you are heading this weekend, accessorise with a smile and you’re guaranteed to look wonderful.