Meet the candidates running for AU President

The winner may even buy you a round at TP Wednesday if you vote

Josie Vickers

After finding fame on The Tab last year in an article about the loosest place in Exeter, Josie is back on more serious business.

Playing for BUCS tennis at the university as well as being a committee member for the last two years, Josie is pretty serious about competitive sport.

Fortunately though, the Exercise and Sports Science third year has kept her campaign simple but shows that she’s down with the kids – ‘Jump 4 Josie’ (the 4 makes all the difference).

Josie quit playing the flute when she was 14 after it gave her “headaches” but has luckily found her talent elsewhere.

Jack Bristow

Known to most as JJ, Jack is onto a winner with his campaign slogan centered around gravy – Ahh Bristow. Who doesn’t love gravy?

Jack aims to empower LGBT students in AU sports clubs that will inspire many students to feel confident in their sexuality within sport.

The third year History and Politics student is no stranger to competition as he has raced in the British University Karting Championships for Exeter.

Jack also has a twin brother at Sheffield who will no doubt be supporting #ahhbristow.

Charlie Whitworth

You may recognise Charlie as one of the many blue smurfs around campus this week or the blue faced man on twitter with his slogan “back the smurf and vote Whitworth” – what a satisfying rhyme.

The third year Economics student has been part of the Hockey team since he started at Exeter and he has been given the prestigious nickname of ‘Mower’ within the club – your guess is as good as ours as to what that means.

After breaking a teammate’s nose in training in his first year, Charlie is back to show that he’s the man you can trust – #backthesmurf.

Bronwyn McLean

After turning 21 last week, Bronwyn hopes that she can continue the celebrations in the up coming elections.

The third year Sports Scientist is social sec for the Hockey club as well as the 3rd team and the Saturday League Captain – this girl has her finger in many pies.

The Little Mermaid lookalike hopes that her strength lies in her current position on the Athletic Union Executive Committee as a St Luke’s representative.

When she was younger, she used to play table tennis for Northern Ireland so she’s no stranger to the limelight.