Arena is the best club in Exeter bar none

Because no-one needs sweaty top-top

Basically, Arena has it all.

Variety

It is the only club in Exeter you could visit every night of the week (OK, except Wednesdays) and have a completely different night out. No-one could ever get bored of Arena.

Firstly, on Monday, you can avoid the hell on earth known as Mosaic, and instead drink the night away at Dirty Sexy People. You can enjoy the best music with a VK in hand, safe in the knowledge that if you accidentally split up with your friends or have to pee, you’ll easily be able to find them with just a quick lap of the dancefloor or a peer over the platform.

Theatre of dreams

Speaking of the platform, this highly sought after feature is where only the most prestigious can dance.Those lucky enough to conquer the platform can be seen and adored by the whole club, as they wave down at the peasants below who only can wish to be as loved.

Then there is the legendary occasion that is Cheesy Tuesday. The ridiculous queues outside every single week and the fact that you have to book tickets at least a week in advance to gain entry are proof enough that this is the best night of the week. Despite the fact you and all your friends look like idiots, Cheesies will always remain a favorite, as it’s the one place you can stop lying to both yourself and your friends and openly admit that you know every single word to S Club.

Come Thursday is Electric Boutique, Dirty Sexy People’s out of control older sibling. The dark horse of week nights will guaranteed good tunes, a buzzing atmosphere and will be filled with almost everyone you know. This is also a surprisingly easy night to pull on- that bump ‘n’ grind remix just seems to get everyone in the mood.

Food

However, it isn’t just the music or the dancefloor or the ability to refind your flock that makes Arena so great. Arena knows what the people want. And  what the people want is food.

As you stumble home from Arena you are presented with the Argos catalogue of takeaways with so much choice your drunken mind could explode.

There is also the fact that Arena joins Dominos as one of the only people that still text you regularly. Not only do they give you offers on your birthday, but what other club will text you every week with a VIP offer, exclusive to you.

Enthusiasm

As their loyal customer, you and friends can enjoy free entry and impressive offers on drinks, whilst you enjoy what every student can only dream of, being surrounded by drunk locals. Who knows, clubbing with the locals on a Saturday could be worth it?

At least somebody cares

Celebrities

And what other club can boast having a near A-list musician there to help you out in the loos? There both to lend a helping hand and offer a sample of his newest YouTube sensation, Onyeka is yet another reason why Arena is truly the greatest club in the world.

So yes, it may smell. But that is the stench of the sweat of thousands of magical nights dancing, of hundreds of sweet, sweet VKs being split, of Lynx and perfume blending together as a couple finally pulls. It is the odor of some  of the best nights out you will ever have at uni.