Meet the second year who goes clubbing with her mum

Timepiece is fun, but it’s even better when you take your mum

National noad

The clubbing scene in Exeter is a unique one, with a limited portfolio of clubs to attend it can be difficult to find new nightlife experiences.

Drama second year Alexandra Newton decided that the best way to enrich her nightlife was to take her mum, and showed her the joys of Timepiece.

We caught up with her to find out about her night.

How did this happen?

My mum had come down to stay to see my new house, and my life in Exeter. We started our night with a couple of bottles at Artigianos, before heading off to Urban Burger for dinner.

With my mum paying, it was easy to get through a disproportionate amount of alcohol for the food we were consuming – and we were both quite merry.

Mum said that she wanted to experience some of the delights of Exeter, so we went for a post-dinner drink in DSTP.

Did you intend to go upstairs?

No. I intended that we would go to DSTP for some early drinks, before anyone actually arrived for their nights out.

We ended up having a really great time, and she asked if she could go upstairs. After much inner turmoil, I agreed.

What were your beverages of choice?

Wine. We ordered the posh Pinot – we even got actual glasses. My mum also indulged in a VSbut she didn’t like it.

What was the highlight?

My mum was getting hit on by some fresher, but she was completely oblivious. It was really lovely to see her having such a good time.

Did she pull?

No.

What was her favourite dance move?

She didn’t actually dance, she just jumped up and down. Although, she had way more energy than me, I had to pull her off the dance floor!

Alexandra, who parties with her mum

What advice would you give to anyone else wanting to take their Mum? 

Go on a quiet night, my mum’s biggest gripe was the noise.

Don’t leave her alone, there are some unsavoury folk at Timepiece and she needed shielding.

Would you do it again?

Yeah, I love seeing my mum having fun, and it made for a new way to experience TP.