Mankini-clad acapella singer leaves little to the imagination in Forum video

This was probably quite distracting in the library

You just can’t get away from the Forum these days; home to students, the second series of Broadchurch and now Semi-toned in their recent eye-opening music video.

In it, a mankini-clad Ted Bartram lip syncs Rick Astley’s Never Gonna Give You Up…wearing only a mankini and sunglasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOqpaVn7X1M&feature=youtu.be

The dare was a result of a Kickstarter campaign, which to raise money for Semi-Toned to go on tour to America this Easter.

Ted told us: “the whole group is itching to get over there and give the States a taste of true British acapella.”

“We originally aimed to raise £4000 to cover our flights, then when we reached that we decided to do push goals.”

“So for every £200 more we raised by a certain date (I believe it was the week before Xmas) the newer members of the group agreed to perform challenges nominated by our fans and I happened to be the first up!”

Ted’s dare was suggested by fan, Dan Squire:

Surprisingly, it wasn’t filmed in the middle of a busy uni day.

“We filmed it at around 9 on Sunday evening so as to cause the least amount of disruption to fellow users of the Forum; drawing a crowd was the last thing we wanted.”

Not something you expect to see in the Forum

The realisation of what he was soon to do left Ted with a “huge sense of dread.”

Despite this, he said: “I had agreed to do whatever was requested by our fans and there was no backing down.”

However, he is adamant that this isn’t the end.

“We managed to raise £4400 in the end so there’s another challenge in the pipeline, undertaken by our very own Sylvan Rackham.”

“It all depends on how well our Rick Astley tribute does, we should start taking requests for dares in the next few days.”

Semi-Toned

“I’d love to thank all our fans for the amazing support they give us, particularly with the fund raising. On a personal note, I’d like to thank Dan Squire for suggesting the dare.”

“Despite the crippling embarrassment I did quite enjoy filming it, however I think I’m going to avoid any more mankinis for the time being.”