We are still quite good at uni: Exeter places 12th in Guardian rankings

Exeter University deemed a major player in the university leagues.

• 2ND  for sport science – better than Durham AND Loughborough
• Economics lowest ranked dept. – worse than Oxford Brookes and UCLAN
• Higher rate of course and teaching satisfaction than CAMBRIDGE

Storming into 12th position out of the 116 institutions featured in the Guardian’s 2015 University league tables, Exeter can back itself for another year.

Based on results from the National Student Survey, the categories for ranking include academic excellence, student to staff ratio and satisfaction with course, teaching and feedback.

The Guardian online states that, ‘Students at Exeter are likely to have permanent smiles on their faces: it has campuses in the cathedral city and also near Falmouth, in Cornwall, as well as plenty of coastline, countryside and glorious weather.’

So it’s no surprise we’ve come up trumps, after all, Devon has recently played host to some awesome festivals and of course, the Miss England photo shoot…that’s enough to sell the uni to any fresher.

Whilst 12th is pretty decent and we expected to have our arses handed to us by the usual suspects like Oxbridge and Durham etc, we’ve also been totally shladded-over by rogue universities, like Bath, Surrey and Lancaster…

However, we’ve clawed some of our dignity back (like when you regain consciousness during a cheesy chip fest in Mega Kebab, post-Arena kick out) coming in second for Sports Science – just beating Durham in third and slamming Loughborough in a shocking 6th, which is impressive, considering that’s what they’re famous for… Awkward.

University of Exeter Vice-Chancellor Sir Steve Smith said: “We pride ourselves on providing the very best environment in which our students can truly flourish, and these results reflect that ambition. These latest rankings in the influential Guardian league table cements our status as one of the best universities in the country.”

Too right Steve, I mean, the idea of late lectures is not ideal but if we’re all honest the fact it’s a league table titan is something we can all be proud of… Especially considering I actually need a job when this 3-year lash fest is over… #GREENARMY.