Oh Exeter is wonderful!

The Sunday Times names Exeter as one of Britain’s best cities

Exeter The Sunday Times the tab the tab exeter

Good news, guys: With a focus on every city across Britain, The Sunday Times‘ latest survey has deemed Exeter one of the best places to live.

Despite Bristol taking the much-coveted title of Britain’s best city, Exeter, Plymouth and Truro were all acknowledged for being pretty bang tidy.

Exeter_panorama_1

A good old Captain Birdseye view from Exeter Cathedral

Having picked out Exeter as its University of the Year in 2012, The Sunday Times praised many of the city’s aspects, saying: “[Exeter’s] airport has flights to 17 countries, the University is in the Russell Group, [and] John Lewis has opened in the centre.”

Not only is our high-street impressive but Ikea are opening a new store on the city’s fringe – not too far from Sandy Park, a stadium that hosts some pretty decent professional rugby teams (as well as EURFC Varsity, of course.)

Cathedral_from_Princesshay_3

Exeter’s Princesshay Shopping Centre

In recent years, according to The Sunday Times, Exeter has become a “mini Bristol,” describing it as “a human-scale city with sea, moors and cream teas.” (They forgot to mention Timepiece, sadly.)

Alice Belton, a first year student, agreed with this statement, saying: “Exeter has all the perks of a big city but in a smaller area with a large student community. It has a great student atmosphere and a range of clubs for nights out.”