Oh Exeter is wonderful!

The Sunday Times names Exeter as one of Britain’s best cities

Exeter The Sunday Times the tab the tab exeter

Good news, guys: With a focus on every city across Britain, The Sunday Times‘ latest survey has deemed Exeter one of the best places to live.

Despite Bristol taking the much-coveted title of Britain’s best city, Exeter, Plymouth and Truro were all acknowledged for being pretty bang tidy.

A good old Captain Birdseye view from Exeter Cathedral

Having picked out Exeter as its University of the Year in 2012, The Sunday Times praised many of the city’s aspects, saying: “[Exeter’s] airport has flights to 17 countries, the University is in the Russell Group, [and] John Lewis has opened in the centre.”

Not only is our high-street impressive but Ikea are opening a new store on the city’s fringe – not too far from Sandy Park, a stadium that hosts some pretty decent professional rugby teams (as well as EURFC Varsity, of course.)

Exeter’s Princesshay Shopping Centre

In recent years, according to The Sunday Times, Exeter has become a “mini Bristol,” describing it as “a human-scale city with sea, moors and cream teas.” (They forgot to mention Timepiece, sadly.)

Alice Belton, a first year student, agreed with this statement, saying: “Exeter has all the perks of a big city but in a smaller area with a large student community. It has a great student atmosphere and a range of clubs for nights out.”