Every Sidwell helps: Tesco expands Exeter empire

Tesco continues in evil plot to take over Exeter’s supermarkets.

Sidwell Street is set to be the new home of Exeter’s sixth Tesco store, as plans to open a new Express format are finally making progress.

Ever wondered when they’re going to finish that building work on Sidwell Street? You know, the bit by Odeon that always seems to be under construction?

Well, turns out it’s going to be a snazzy new Tesco, so those of you in Mount Pleasant no longer have to trek right into town… Or worse, rely on RMC Stores and Beer Box (it now sells eggs and bog roll, like it couldn’t be more perfect).

Finally it resembles a shop and not just a builder’s yard

It seems everyone in Exeter is keen for the new store, as a recent online recruitment drive saw managers receive over 700 applications for only eight jobs, meaning more than 85 people applied for each vacancy.

Melanie Chisholm, a Tesco’s manager for the South West, said: “It will be a convenience store which will offer a wide range of fresh produce and essentials, wines and spirits, ready meals, fresh salads, milk, sandwiches.” 

The store is planning to open later this year and will be open seven days a week from 6am to 11pm… Making it ideal for those last minute pre-lash necessities!