A change for the swimming pool changing rooms

Cornwall House pool to get new ‘beach style’ changing rooms

New changing rooms are currently being built next to Cornwall House Outdoor Pool.

The swimming pool is extremely popular with both students and the public and gets 1000s of visitors a year.

The snazzy new facilities will include six pool-side changing rooms, two loos, and three ‘beach style’ open showers and lockers.

Hopefully they put the fence back too

No longer will swimming pool goers have to dodge students as they tiptoe barefoot, wrapped in a towel from the previous changing rooms in Cornwall House.

Neil Sheppard, Assistant Director of Sport, believes the new facilities will hugely improve the experience for swimmers.

He said: “For a while now we have known that the changing provision at the pool hasn’t been good enough.

“I am delighted that we are able to modernise the facility and allow customers direct access to the pool once they have changed.”

“One of the allures of the pool is the open grass and patio space around it so a big prat of this brief has been to ensure that we don’t lose any part of that space.

“Putting the new block at the deep end is making use of dead-space that has minimal effect on the pool environment.”

The whole project will cost around £110,000 and the pool is set open on May 3rd.