Tablature: Volume 4 ‘Meatz & Beatz’ Edition

This week I’ve sat down Os Miller and Rowley Sword of ‘Meatz & Beatz’ to find out what they’re all about.

Beatz Disco house Meatz music

So what is Meatz & Beatz?

Rowley: A triumvirate of multi genre juicy beaty meaty madness.

Os: Haha yeah pretty much. It all started out when we had the idea of trying to combine barbecuing and disco, we all liked the sound of it. Our first meeting was spent eating steaks and spinning tracks off an ironing board.

Who’s in M&B?

Rowley: Well on the music front it’s Myself (Sergeant), Os (Set2Rise) and Will Sensecall (Sensei). Rosie Gordon is our photographer, she does a great job. Yea and Roo Cassels is our creative director, well he came up with the logo. He’s also very single at moment.

The whole gang.

Os: Oh and Rory Desmond is the sausage man, chiefly in charge of the sausage rolls, he does an alright job.

How long have you all been DJing for?

Os: Not too long at all. It all started with Sensei, he’s the one with the talent and the technical expert in M&B. We started learning from him last year, took us some time but we’re all about there now.

Rowley: Yea having said all that we really don’t profess to be anywhere near a professional level. M&B is purely about us having a laugh and just enjoying the music. Anything on top of that we consider a bonus.

Will the apprentices ever surpass the Sensei?

Os: Yea we already have haha, but maybe don’t put that part in!

You guys donated a couple hours for Mixathon the other day, how did it go?

Rowley: Oh yeah, we absolutely loved it. Was our first public offering and we all felt it went really well.

Os: Yea we had 60 people bouncing in Trattoria at 5 in the afternoon. Was really gratifying getting that sort of reaction as we really had no idea how it would all go down with everyone there. We also did an absolutely rammed set at Monday Mosaic.

Rowley: Oh yeah, it was completely sold out, middle floor queue got really out of hand (sausage). We also did a little set at the Our House Takeover on Sunday.

M&B in action at Moz

Os: Yea a small one, was just myself doing a back to back with Charlie Paddock (JamBuck). Went pretty well, we had a good time anyway.

What should we all be expecting from M&B in the near future?

Os: Very glad you asked, our last appearance this term will be Our House this Wednesday at Cavern. Really pumped for Our House, it’s going to be a big one. We do also have some very meaty plans in the pipeline for summer term; we’re all very excited. Oh and Roo’s been hard at work in our R&D department, hoping to have some sort of all in one barbequing and mixing unit ready by then.

Something along these lines perhaps…

Rowley: Yea there’s going to be a couple large house parties we’ll be headlining at, but that’s all hush hush for the meanwhile. We are still open to bookings.

Os: Yea we do birthdays and weddings as well.

Had any of those?

Os: Nope, not as of yet haha.

Plans after graduating?

Os: May take M&B global…

Rowley: … well you haven’t had any job offers have you? May as well, Os.

Os: Yea well you never know, the future may be very meaty.

Meatz & Beatz have also specially prepared a few tracks for you, just so you can hear what they’re all about…

You can find out more about Meatz & Beatz here:

https://www.facebook.com/meatzandbeatz