IN PICTURES: Beats and Bass Society Mixathon raises over £4,000

Exeter’s very own Beats and Bass Society have raised funds for the Multiple Sclerosis Society, and donations are still open

Last month, The Tab brought you a preview of the first ever Beats and Bass  6 day 24 hour charity mixathon. The event raised a whopping £4,046 for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. You can still donate by clicking here!

Beats and Bass bigwig Tom Vandeleur Cooke (pictured below) said “Massive, massive thanks to anyone that was involved in any capacity. I never in a million years expected the amount of support, enthusiasm and effort that everyone put into the event, and was absolutely delighted with how much everyone enjoyed themselves. We’ve raised over £4000 (through online and cash donations) for the MS society and had a fantastic time while doing it! Individual people I’d like to thank (in no particular order) are Ollie Norman for being an all round great guy, the Banoffee Pies gang that came down to party (Ryan Lostus, Dan Ramsom, Ell Weston and especially Max Hagenbach), Kieran and Ali for coming down from Bristol and playing a great set on Saturday, Meatz and Beatz for being consistently exceptional, Josh Ward for powering through, the galz (Monika, Eleanor, Izzie P, Izzie S and Liv) for smashing the cake sale and Will Wadham, who played a couple of lovely sets.”

Andy Jarrett from the MS society commented “Wow! Hats off to all members of the Beats and Bass Society & their supporters for raising an amazing £4,046 through the Mixathon. This is a stupendous sum to have raised to help beat multiple sclerosis. Well done and so many thanks to Tom Cooke and all the team. To find out more about our work and the difference this brilliant event has made go to www.mssociety.org.uk.”