Top Spring Trends: Fashion Week to High Street

Tab Fashion takes a look at some of the trends for this spring, inspired by London Fashion Week.

Exeter fashion trend

Now that the weather’s finally picking up, it gives us an excuse to finally wear some Spring styles! Last month’s London Fashion Week showed a huge number of new trends for this Spring. Tab Fashion scoured the city’s high street to find some of our favourite catwalk trends in-store.

1. The Mini Bag

We love this Topshop mini bag, priced at £20.00

This Topshop bag, priced at £28.00, is great for a new season  buy.

Check out this smaller version of Zara’s City Bag, priced at £39.99

Quirky and cute, we love the new Mini Bag trend. Petite purses are great alternatives to the usual night out clutch or cross-body bag.

2. The Tribal Trend

Try the trend for yourself with this H&M skirt, priced at a budget friendly £7.99

We love the vibrant pattern of this New Look maxi dress, priced at £22.99

Tribal and Aztec prints are huge again for SS14. It’s like last year’s SSB all over again (but with more material this time).

3. Hats, Hats and More Hats

A simple black H&M option, selling at £14.99

‘Heads’ up, fedoras and extravagant floppy hats are big for Spring fashion. H&M has a range of great designs, for affordable prices.

3. The Pastel Trend

Yours for £49.99

Unsurprisingly, pastels are a popular spring trend. We love this light blue Zara blazer!

4. Orange is the New Black

Orange is everywhere. This cosy Zara jumper is perfect for following the bold trend and staying comfy on campus.

We love the floral pattern on this Topshop design, priced at £38.00

5. The Statement Necklace

Topshop does great statement necklaces, like this £15.00 option.

One of Zara’s designs, a more expensive £29.99

We love Topshop’s re-vamping of last season’s plain bronze eagle necklace, £16.00

Statement necklaces are SS14’s jewellery option of choice, along with ear cuffs. The High Street is brimming with them, but here are some of our favourites.

6. Graphic Designs

Jumpers are a great way to incorporate the graphic design trend into your casual outfit. We love this Zara option, which is selling at £25.99.

7.  The DIY Trend

The ‘Do It Yourself’ trend need not involve macaroni necklaces and pipe-cleaner bracelets.  It aims to look messy, but still stylish. We love Zara’s take on the trend with this bejeweled clutch, selling at £39.99.

8. Statements and Slogans

Statements and worded designs are another Spring trend.

9. Crop Tops are ‘Top Top’

Check out this gingham patterned crop top, priced at only £9.99.

Finally, crop trops are back in fashion for SS14. Perfect for the warmer weather, the High Street has a huge offering of styles available.