Exeter Central’s Exe-treme Makeover

Exeter Central station shows off its £660,000 makeover

Exeter exeter central exeter tab the tab the tab exeter

The results of Exeter Central station’s £660,000 new look were revealed to the public on Monday.

In a bid to create a more welcoming and attractive environment for rail passengers, the forecourt underwent various improvements including a new bus shelter, taxi provision and free pick up and drop off facility for rail users.

Exeter Central’s new look

The area was officially opened by County Council Chairman Bernard Hughes OBE and Exeter Lord Mayor Councillor Rachel Lyons.

The whole project was completed under budget, so plans have been put forward for further improvements including another interactive information point like the one in Princesshay.

Patrick Hallgate, route managing director for Network Rail, said: “Exeter is forecast to be among the biggest growing cities within the South West of England by 2026. It is vital that we provide a robust railway to support this growth and, most importantly, the city’s economy.”

Councillor Rachel Sutton said: “These improvements bring the forecourt into the 21st century and in line with the rest of the work going on in the city.”