Top Rating for Teacher Training

Exeter University’s teacher training course receives top rating

Exeter ranks among Cambridge and Oxford as one of the top three university providers for education, according to the recently published “Good Teacher Training Guide”.

The highly regarded PGCE course has been selected based on factors such as Ofsted inspections, entry qualifications and trainees’ success in securing teaching jobs.

The programme allows trainees to cater to their own needs, devising action plans for self improvement and engaging in structured conversation with teachers and university tutors.

This allows them to reflect on the impact their teaching has on their pupils’ learning and plan lessons which engage and motivate children. This model has been praised by Ofsted as an example of best practice in teacher education.

Dr Nigel Skinner, Head of the University’s Graduate School of Education and PGCE Secondary Science Course Leader said: “Building a strong partnership with schools is a crucial element of teacher training and is a key factor behind the high regard with which the Exeter PGCE is held.”