The issues only the female Exeter student will ever understand
Operation: Avoid Everyone
• Thinking as a fresh that you can pull/shag anyone.
• Realising your mistake by third year when you’re forced to dodge all your previous conquests on campus. Every fifteen minutes.
The Dating Politics
• Understanding that if it’s a drink at Firehouse, you’re in there.
• If it’s a quick text reading ‘you at TP yet?’ then the best you can expect is a thoroughly underwhelming bonk.
Going Out Starvation
• Realising with a sinking sense of dread that you can’t eat all day because you’re going to Cellar Door that night – and you won’t get in unless you’re wearing a tiny crop top and shorts.
Fucking Flip Flops
• Being shocked to your very core when you see something as disturbing as a guy wandering through the Marketplace in a pair of Havainas. In February.
• WHY, WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING? PUT YOUR FUCKING HOBBIT FEET AWAY.
The White T-shirt Curse
• The absurd penchant of Exeter guys for a Hollister t-shirt – usually a white one.
• Feeling your heart drop when a guy goes to hug you because you know you’ll have to perform acrobatic neck-craning skills to avoid the dreaded orange foundation mark.
• (“Urgh, what the fuck is that on my collar? Mate, you just hugged Emma. Rookie move.”)
SOMEONE, ANYONE. LOOK DIFFERENT.
• Scanning the sea of Barbour and red-chinos wandering up Stocker Road and yearning for someone to rock a look that hasn’t been taken straight out of page 23 in the Jack Wills catalogue.
Sorry did you say full fat milk?
• Forgetting to ask for your coffee to be ‘skinny’ at Costa and feeling the disgusted stares of all the females around you.
Sweaty Forum Hill
• The ten minutes of agonising you do as you get ready every morning: will this outfit accommodate the unbearable amount of sweating you’ll experience as you hike up the dreaded Hill of Humiliation?
The Unspoken Gym Legging Code
• Which pair of leggings has the most neon? Who can wear them the longest? How many of the wearers have actually ever been on a treadmill?