It’s just not ticket: Hijacked Festival early bird release crashes server

TaT and friends’ festival puts ticket retailer’s server into A&E

Hundreds of students were left frustrated following overwhelming demand and a ticketing snafu from Fatsoma.

The Manchester company were retailing the first batch of tickets for Hijacked Festival, an event organised by the Exeter students who run popular club night Thick as Thieves.

Thankfully, due to the set-up of an additional server, the tickets were swiftly back for sale, the allocated batch selling out in just under half an hour.

The early birds went on sale at 6pm on Wednesday

Twenty minutes prior to release, the organisers announced the festival’s location – the grounds of Double Locks,  a beautiful country pub on the banks of Exeter Canal.

The bill for the event remains hush-hush – the headliners are set to be revealed on Tuesday at the launch party.

Thick as Thieves sold 25% more tickets than they initially intended as compensation for the cock-up

Fourth-year Laurence Mulchrone, one of the Hijacked organisers, said “Whilst we would like to offer apologies to anyone who had problems with our ticket agent, we would also like to thank every single person who purchased tickets last night for supporting Hijacked in its first year.

Double Locks is a popular location for students wishing to walk off a hangover in the summer

“The ticket agent has been informed and is looking to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

“Tier one tickets are selling well now, and we don’t anticipate any more server issues.”