Professor pulls a blinder

University professor wins national science award.

In a recent spate of praise for our professors yet another wins a prestigious award… I guess this is what we’re paying £9,000 a year for…

Professor Peter Cox of the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences has been awarded the Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award.

His research into Emergent constraints on Climate-Carbon Cycle Feedbacks secured the win and saw him recognised with another 20 boffins across the country.

Along with fellow Exeter professor Pierre Friedlingstein, he has been researching the tropical carbon cycle and the uncertainty in projections of future climate change.

The professor is more used to dealing with this than Exeter…

SPOILER ALERT: We know you were probably dying to read his work but in terms that us ordinary people can understand, he’s interested in climate tipping points and the impact of atmospheric pollutants on the ecosystem… I think…

Professor Cox said: “Awards of this type highlight the progress that we are now making in the understanding and prediction of climate-carbon cycle interactions, but there is much more to be done. These are exciting times.”

Now if only he could figure out a way to change the current climate in Exeter he’d be an absolute hero.