Police Lash Out Against Cheap Booze

Bad news for all booze-loving students: Devon and Cornwall’s police are clamping down on cheap alcohol

| UPDATED the tab the tab exeter

Supermarkets across Exeter are being asked to join the campaign against alcohol-fuelled crime

Devon and Cornwall’s police and Crime Commissioner Tony Hogg is calling on local retail chains to help tackle the rising alcohol-related crime statistics.

Mr Hogg said: “We are consistently among the 10 worst areas in the country (per head of population). I am concerned about crime levels and the role that alcohol plays in offending.”

Tesco Metro may no longer provide cheap last minute lash

Despite Exeter seeming so safe, across the local force area alcohol related crime and anti-social behaviour costs around £366m per year, a figure Mr Hogg is attempting to reduce.

As part of his Crime Plan he wants to discuss the problems of pre-lashing with cheap, high percentage alcohol and is inviting local businesses to help produce a plan of action.

While this may be bad news for students, we’re just hoping they don’t take our beloved Beer Box away, the only thing that makes living in Mount Pleasant bearable.