Are YOU the Next Guild President?

Nominate yourself to spend an extra year at Uni without any lectures – the downside? You have to work.

elections Exeter exeter guild Exeter Sabbs guild elections Nominations Sabb Nominations Sabbatical Officers sabbs students' guild the tab the tab exeter

Scroll down for video.

Ever secretly wished of being Guild President? Ever wondered whether you, if given the chance, could do a decent job at the helm of our student community?

If so, good news: the Students’ Guild has opened nominations for next year’s Sabbatical Officers, which close this Friday at 05:00pm.

Click on image to visit the Students’ Guild Elections page

The Guild has produced a video (below) outlining some of the achievements of the current Sabbs, such as boosting funding for societies from £12,000 to £25,000, coordinating housing fairs, and leading the Exeter Experience, a project designed to show students the best events in Exeter.

Discussing nominating oneself, Guild President Hannah Barton said: “Candidates for sabb elections should have a thirst for action and strong opinions about student life and the University experience.

Guild President

“If you want the inside line of the University and the opportunity to have a real impact on so many levels being a sabb is a brilliant job.

“You don’t need to be at all involved in the Students’ Guild to stand for election – any student can run even if they’ve never set foot here.

AU President

“There are lots of well known reasons to stand for election: sabbs have influence at the highest level within the university, direct the Students’ Guild, enact change and develop an incredible CV of leadership and management skills and experience.

“It’s the best stepping stone to a job afterwards. But some of the lesser known reasons include: being a sabb means a year’s paid employment straight in at the top of an organisation while still enjoying all the best bits of the student lifestyle.

VP Education

“Being a sabb also has value off-campus giving access to exclusive events, networking opportunities, and friendly treatment from businesses around the city including bars and clubs.”

Ranging from Guild President, to Vice-President Education, to International Officer, there are eight positions available in total.

Post Graduate Officer

If you might be interested in standing, but are not sure if being an elected official is for you, the Guild is running a number of training and information sessions for potential candidates between the 20 and 24 January. More information can be found here.

Following nominations, voting will be opening from the beginning of week four (Monday 3rd February), before closing five days later.