Last night a TJ saved my life: Nartey crowned BNOC of the Year 2013

Rugby league boy wins big name contest by margin of 81 votes

This is the moment when TJ Nartey discovered he’d been named BNOC of the Year 2013.

The fourth year French and Spanish student was crowned in a booze-soaked Nartey party at Mosaic – and apparently today he feels ‘shocking’.

Tab editor Ben Stupples with TJ and his prize

He trounced the nearest contender, netball social secretary Indigo Hull, by a margin of 81 votes.

Tab editor Ben Stupples announces the winner

EURFC social sec Jonny Howell got 21% in third place, narrowly beating his club mate Ollie Claxton into fourth.

Rumour has it hugs like this can leave you crushed like a discarded can of Lilt

Over 4,000 votes were cast in this year’s elections.

We caught up with TJ this morning to see how he took the news.

How does it feel to have won?

Yeah it’s nice, a really good feeling! It’s just nice to know people rep you.

Take us through last night. What happened?

So I rolled up to Mosaic and hit the queue, saw Mr Howell there too…got inside, chilled with people I know. I saw Clax for a bit which was cool. Then they announced it. Not gonna lie, I couldn’t believe it. Got my prize (a litre of vodka and a load of beer)…after that everything’s a bit of a blur!

How do you feel this morning?

Oh my days, really bad, like shocking! I had to go to a 10 o’clock which was a nightmare. Never usually get hangovers, but I felt peak! I’m alright now though, just murked some bacon.

What advice would you give to any aspiring BNOCs?

You know what, it sounds cheesy, but just be yourself. Try and be a good guy and then see what happens.

Want to get big like TJ? Check out his article on bulking up over Christmas.