Sandy Park Redevelopment Gets Green Light

Exeter Chiefs will soon be boasting some of the best facilities in English domestic rugby

Exeter Exeter Chiefs sandy park the tab the tab exeter

Following news that the Exeter Chiefs 2020 Bond raised the £7.5 million, ambitious plans announced earlier this year by Exeter Chiefs for the development of Sandy Park will soon come to fruition.

Scheduled to be constructed over the next five years, the developments will ensure that Sandy Park’s capacity will double to an impressive 20,600, making it one of the England’s largest domestic rugby grounds.

The current Grandstand: one of few stones left unturned in the plans

Tony Rowe OBE, Exeter Rugby Club’s Chairman and Chief Executive, claimed the plans marked “exciting times for the club – both on and off the field.”

John Harvey, Exeter City Centre Manager, also noted that Exeter Rugby Club is “driving up business throughout the city.”

Sandy Park will soon dwarf the likes of Bath’s Recreation Ground

Sandy Park’s transformation is certainly set to help establish Exeter as a more formidable force – not only in the English game, but also in the European game both on and off the pitch.

The Chiefs valiant 14-9 defeat to defending Heineken Cup champions Toulon last weekend signaled the club’s on field potential, whilst these new plans will see that this is also matched off it.

Tony Rowe is delighted with Exeter Chiefs’s progress