BNOC of the Year 2013: Group 2

The Tab reveals your next five nominations for BNOC of the Year 2013 and the winner of Group 1

BNOC bnoc of the year Exeter the tab the tab exeter University of Exeter

Scroll down for Group 1’s winner.

So, we’ve had Group 1 for BNOC of the Year. Voting has now closed. Let all the secret lobbying come to a stop.

We’ve had a great response from you all. One witty student identified Luc Barford as a Macklemore look-a-like. Bloody good shout, The Tab says.

Our favourite comment had to be someone claiming that TJ Nartey has the “biggest wanger in the east coast of Africa.” (Let’s leave that one to the imagination.)

Starting off with Thick as Thieves maestro Tom Vandeleur Cooke, here are your next five nominations for BNOC of the Year 2013:

Tom Vandeleur Cooke

Click on the image to hear Vandeleur’s latest mixes

From the ashes of a promising rowing career rose a record-spinning phoenix. Whatever Tom Vandeleur Cooke touches seems to turn to gold, be it the Mosaic turn-tables or whatever viral status he uploads to his Facebook profile.

A prolific Tab commenter (under his own name, for he fears no troll), this keyboard warrior has more political clout than half the Guild, despite currently sporting a Terry Richardson-esque Movember that makes the mums outside the primary schools nervous.

And if you were wondering how to nail your graduation hug from Floella, let Tom show you how it’s done:

Rosie Gordon

Wearing a permanent smile and a choice selection of retro clothing, you’d be wise to tighten the focus on your BNOCulars when it comes to Rosie Gordon.

Known as Pam to her closest friends, when this third-year Film student’s not manning the camera down at Thick as Thieves, she’s chilling at her crib – where she lives with six guys. And zero girls.

It’s nigh on impossible to have a conversation with this lass without her making you laugh. A real challenger.

Sam Baker

With hair colour that changes with the wind and jeans skinnier than a rebelling former child star with a point to prove, Sam Baker-Doodles is ubiquitous across all of Exeter’s nightclubs (except Arena).

Possibly Exeter’s only northerner, this Chester lad seeks to follow in his EUAFC forebear Kayne Sheppard’s footsteps and claim the BNOC crown.

Sam found himself an unsuspecting poster-boy for this year’s Exeter’s Finest Fresher contest – presumably due to the fact he has cheekbones so sharp you could shave your legs with them. Loved first year so much he did it twice. A social juggernaut.

Abie Dyer

The lovely face of TabTV, Abie’s inclusion on this list is justified by her performance on our news-feeds and in our bars.

If you haven’t seen her narrate the waxing of our Beats & Bass president or grilling students on their views on Blurred Lines, you may have bought a Jägerbomb or 3 from her in Cellar Door, where she is a star employee (she bloody loves the house music).

Abie is also renowned for her charity work, selflessly hitch-hiking to Amsterdam for RAG due to her staunch opposition to vice. A word of caution: don’t make her angry, you won’t like her when she’s angry.

Ollie Claxton

Beer. Absolutely fucking shitloads of beer. Then some rugby. Bit more beer. If you were reading this to get a feel for the man Ollie Claxton, then that just about covers it.

In greater detail: he’s pretty good at rugby, playing regularly for the EURFC 1sts and Taunton Titans, with England Students caps to his name. He’s also pretty great at drinking beer, holding a club record (don’t ask for what) which didn’t kill him; it only made him stronger.

If he wins this award, it’ll certainly be a party to remember – and he’ll certainly get so drunk he’ll forgets all about it.

Have your say below. Voting for Group 2 closes at 12pm on Monday 2nd December.

As for the winner of Group 1…

Congratulations TJ – let’s see who joins you in the final!