Students grumble over contact hours

A new study has found that students are unhappy with the number of their contact hours.

contact hours QAAA students Study tab exeter the tab the tab exeter unhappy university

The study, carried out by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), has shown that some of us have as little as two hours of lectures a week.

What’s all our money being spent on?

Dissatisfaction was found to be highest among those studying Arts and Social Sciences, with one joint Arts student remarking how their fees were “a huge amount of money to spend on four hours a week contact time.” 

An unsurprisingly empty lecture theatre.

A politics student quoted in the report highlights the unfairness of the situation, asking “why does my course cost the same as chemistry or medicine, when I use no resources, except the libraries and have only six hours contact time per week?”

This is how some students react to few contact hours…

Specifically in Exeter, the new findings come during a term which has already seen one day of striking lecturers, with another planned for the 3rd December 2013 if the current “pay row is not resolved.”

The majority of lectures and tutorials will be called off, giving students even less contact time for their money.